Deutsch: Farbe / Español: Color / Português: Cor / Français: Couleur / Italiano: Colore
Color or colour (see spelling differences) is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, blue,, yellow, green and others.
In the fashion context, "color" refers to the hue, shade, or tone of a garment or accessory. Here are some examples:
- "I love the bright, bold color of this dress."
- "This sweater comes in several different colors, including navy, burgundy, and gray."
- "The color of this handbag perfectly matches my shoes."
Some similar terms in the fashion context include:
- Hue: This term refers to the pure color of a garment or accessory, such as red, blue, or yellow.
- Shade: This term refers to the degree of darkness or lightness of a color, such as light blue or dark red.
- Tone: This term refers to the warmth or coolness of a color, such as warm yellow or cool blue.
- Pastel: This term refers to a range of light, soft colors, such as pale pink or baby blue.
- Neutrals: This term refers to colors that are not on the color wheel, such as black, white, gray, and beige. Neutrals are often used as a base color in an outfit and can be paired with brighter or bolder colors.